These troublesome parasites lead to many issues for our beloved four-legged companions, ranging from relentless itching and skin allergies to more severe health concerns. Pet owners can choose between topical solutions or flea and tick chews for safeguarding their pets.
By understanding these options, you can make an informed decision, ensuring your cherished furry companions' comfort, health and well-being.
Which Is Better: Oral or Topical Flea and Tick Medicine?
When comparing topical vs. chewable flea medicine, the advantages of topical prevention are:
- Longevity: Many topical products protect up to a month, reducing application frequency.
- Many options: Various topical formulations let you choose one that best suits your pet.
When using topical prevention, consider:
- Potential for residue: Topical treatment can leave a residue on your pet's skin, and some pets may not tolerate this sensation.
- Water sensitivity: Some topical treatments may lose effectiveness if your pet gets wet shortly after application.
Oral flea and tick prevention pros include:
- Easy use: Oral flea and tick medications are typically administered as chewable tablets or treats, making them relatively easy to give to your pet, and many pets find them palatable.
- Full-body protection: These medications absorb into your pet's bloodstream, offering full-body protection. Ticks and fleas are deterred from attaching to your pet, and if they do, they are exposed to the medication's effects.
- Waterproofing: Oral medications are not affected by bathing or swimming, ensuring continuous protection even if your pet gets wet.
Consult with your veterinarian to evaluate your pet's health and lifestyle. Additionally, consider your pet's preferences and any sensitivities they have.
How Does Oral Tick Medicine Work?
Oral medicine is a convenient and effective way to protect your pets from ticks and tick-borne diseases. Here's how this flea treatment works:
- Ingestion: Your pet ingests the medicine as a tasty treat or with your guidance.
- Absorption: Once ingested, the active ingredients within the medication enter your pet's bloodstream through their digestive system.
- Tick-feeding inhibition: When ticks attach themselves to your pet to feed, they are exposed to the active ingredients circulating in the pet's bloodstream. These ingredients interfere with ticks' ability to feed properly.
- Life cycle disruption: Some oral tick medications also target ticks in various life cycle stages. This includes killing tick larvae and nymphs, further reducing the tick population on your pet.
Get LuckyTail's Flea & Tick Chews
Fleas and ticks cause many problems, from maddening itching to skin allergies, anemia and hot spots. LuckyTail's natural flea and tick supplements offer an easy, safe and effective option to shield your pet from these nuisances.
With LuckyTail by your side, you can confidently provide your pets with the protection they deserve, ensuring they enjoy a life free from the risks posed by these persistent parasites. Buy a container of LuckyTail Flea & Tick Chews online.